Distemper paint is a type of paint that has a long history of use, dating back to ancient times. It is made from simple ingredients, including water, chalk, and pigment, which are bound together with either animal glue or casein, a resin that is derived from solidified milk. The basic components of distemper paint are chalk, lime, and water, which gives it a unique texture and finish. It is also known as cement paint because it can be applied directly onto cement walls without the need for a primer, making it a more cost-effective option for those who are looking for a simple and straightforward paint solution. This type of paint typically lasts for 3 to 4 years, making it a durable and long-lasting option for those who want to spruce up their walls or ceilings. Whether you are looking to add color to your living room or want to create a unique accent wall in your bedroom, distemper paint is a great choice for a wide range of applications.
Types of Distemper paints-
There are three types of Distemper Paint available in the market- Acrylic Distemper Paint, Synthetic Distemper Paint and UNO Acrylic Distemper Paint.
- Acrylic Distemper Paint: Tractor Acrylic Distemper Paint is a water-based interior wall paint with over 1000 shades to choose from. It provides a delightful smooth matte finish and unmatched durability in the Distemper Paint category. The formulation with Acrylic co-polymer binder ensures shade retention for a long time and a smooth finish. Available in 450 bright, attractive shades, its fast-drying property allows for quicker completion of painting work.
- Synthetic Distemper Paint: Tractor Synthetic Distemper Paint is a water-based finish that offers vibrant direct shades for a long-lasting, beautiful look for your home. With a uniform matt film, it can be easily cleaned with water. The white shade can be tinted with Apcolite Universal Strainer for custom color options. Over time, the oil-bound paint film becomes harder, providing enhanced durability and ease of cleaning.
UNO Acrylic Distemper: Tractor Uno Acrylic Distemper Paint is a budget-friendly option for interior wall painting, made from water-based acrylics. Its washable formula keeps walls looking fresh for a long time and is available in over 950 shades. The paint offers a smooth, matte finish and retains its brightness, making walls look new for longer. Choose from a wide range of shades to find your perfect color. Easy to clean with a wet cloth, Uno Acrylic Distemper Paint is a practical and attractive solution for interior wall painting.
Advantages of Distemper Paints:
- Distemper Paints don’t need any primer quoting and can be directly applied on cement surfaces without any preparations.
- They are less expensive compared to other alternatives.
- They stay long and up to three to five year.
- They have a distinctive smell.
- They don’t dry or crack in sunlight.
Disadvantages of Distemper Paints:
- The quality will not be great while compared to other paints.
- Distemper Paint peels off when wet.
- It’s not fully washable.
- Distemper Paint color will fade time being quickly then Emulsion Paint.
Distemper Paints of Different Brands:
Tractor Aqualock: Makes your walls look great through every season. Tractor Aqualock is a water-based, interior acrylic paint that provides twice the water resistance as compared to ordinary distempers, while giving a beautiful matt finish. Lead-free, wide range of shades, washable with a high paint coverage, this interior paint is perfect to make your home match your personality.
Tractor emulsion shyne: Gives a luxurious sheen finish with Tractor Emulsion Shyne, an affordable emulsion for your interior walls. It provides more paint coverage than regular distemper and offers a wide range of shades that makes your home unique. With 3 years performance warranty, Tractor Emulsion Shyne keeps your walls shinning for a long time, and keeps the compliments coming.
Tractor Uno: Having a beautiful home at an affordable price is no more a dream. This water-based acrylic distemper from Asian Paints has 900+ shades to choose from to make sure you get a home in the colour of your choice. Moreover, Tractor Uno is a washable, lead-free paint with a stylish matt finish.
Beauty Acrylic Distemper: Nerolac Beauty Premium Acrylic Distemper (NBPAD) is a premium quality, durable, water based interior wall finish. It can be applied on ceilings and walls where a beautifying matt finish, free from irritating glares due to light reflection is desired. Nerolac Beauty Premium Acrylic Distemper is recommended for interior use only. It can be applied on fully matured plaster work, concrete, brickwork and asbestos surfaces where a matt finish, free from irritating glares due to light reflection is desired.
Bison Distemper: Bison Acrylic Distemper Paint is a-100% water based acrylic co-polymer emulsion designed for interior walls. Available in both factory-made ready shades and in a tintable format, it gives surfaces an elegant and durable matte finish. It gives you unparalleled whiteness amongst the distemper category, thereby keeping your wall beautiful.
Easycoat Distemper: NIPPON Easycoat Distemper is a Vinyl Acrylic Copolymer distemper. It is specially formulated for economical needs. It has matt finishing. It is a high viscous product and gives a smooth finish.
Acrylic Distemper: Indigo Acrylic Distemper is an ideal choice for a smooth, matte finish on interior walls. Its water-based formula provides a clean and even surface, as well as making it easier to clean. Additionally, this product is available in a variety of pre-made hues and bases to suit your individual needs.